This session will provide ideas and practical tips for running STEM ‘drop-down days’. Using the example of the new CREST Discovery Award model, you will have the chance to develop their own ideas as well as accessing resources for a tried and tested ready-made day, linked to National Science and Engineering Week.
You will be entered into a prize draw to win a £10 voucher for the National Science Engineering Week online store.
You will be able to:
- gain hands-on activity ideas
- explore practical elements of organising and running events
- develop an understanding of running the new CREST Discovery Award:
- a better understanding of how to implement the CREST Discovery Award back in school
- an opportunity to analyse the benefits and challenges of the CREST Discovery Award
- an appreciation of the range of skills, knowledge and understanding students will be expected to demonstrate
- an opportunity to consider other possible challenges which meet the CREST Discovery Award criteria.